I made this for my mom last and she liked it so much that she requested it again for tonight’s snack. I marinated the Portobello mushrooms and made the dressing ahead of time. Both are simple and very easy to make. The most time this recipe will take is in the prep, but even then, it’s nothing to time-consuming. It’s vegan, gluten-free, simple, and delicious!
For the cucumber dressing:
2 cloves of garlic, crushed with skins removed
2 cucumbers, skins and seeds removed
¼ cup of EVOO
Sea Salt to taste
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add more sea salt if needed. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until you are ready to use it. This dressing will keep in the fridge for 24 hours.
Note: Feel free to adjust the level of garlic in this dressing if you don’t like the taste of raw garlic. You could also subdue the garlic taste by roasting the garlic for 5-6 minutes with the skins on first.
For the marinade:
4 Portobello mushrooms, sliced long ways
¼ cup of EVOO
Two sprigs fresh rosemary
Two sprigs fresh mint
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
Place the sliced mushrooms in a plastic bag. Drizzle with the EVOO and add the crushed garlic. Cut a few leaves and sprigs of the rosemary, finely chop, and place them in the bag. Add the oregano and basil. Close the bag and shake. Refrigerate for at least an hour before grilling.
To assemble the wraps:
1. Add EVOO to the bottom of a grill pan and heat the oil to medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and arrange in a single layer on their side. Grill for three minutes on each side.
2. While the mushrooms are grilling, place your store-bought wraps in the toast-r-oven and warm for two minutes on each side.
3. After the wraps are warmed and the mushrooms are grilled, place the wrap on a plate. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing on the wrap and spread around with the spoon.
4. Place four mushroom pieces on top of the dressing in a single layer. Drizzle mushrooms with an additional tablespoon of dressing.
5. Wrap it up, cut in half, and enjoy!
Note: Feel free to add lettuce or sprouts or anything else you’d add to a wrap! This is a great lunch, snack, or light dinner.