Another cookie wonder from the amazing Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar – delicious, fudgy, vegan heaven.
Chocolate Fudgy Oatmeal Cookies
Yields about 30 cookies
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 2/3 all-purpose flour
2/3 cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 TB ground Flax seeds
2/3 cup nondairy milk
2/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coconut extract (or almond would be delicious too!)
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup dried cherries, chopped or raisins, or cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In medium bowl, stir together first six ingredients (oats, flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder, salt).
3. In large bowl, beat together sugar, flax seeds and nondairy milk until smooth. Add oil and extracts and beat until well mixed. You can use a hand mixer or even a wire whisk at this point.
4. Add dry mixture to wet mixture in thirds, making sure to mix well before adding more dry ingredients. Just at the end, add the chocolate chips and cherries.
5. Place about 2 TB of dough about two inches apart on baking sheets. You can gently flatten each cookie with wet fingers or the back of a wet spoon.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm and risen. Let rest on sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack (or popping them in your mouth!!!)